Sunday, March 23, 2014

2014 JOY Breakfast

Every year I look forward to attending the JOY Breakfast, an annual event put on by JOY International right here in Bismarck, ND. Not only do I look forward to attending this amazing event that draws nearly 700 women, I also look forward to volunteering and helping out as needed. This year I was a table hostess and helped put together over 100 name tags for all the hostesses, volunteers and leadership team.

Each year, the breakfast has a wonderful nationally-recognized speaker. This year, Bismarck was blessed to have Micca Campbell, a speaker with Proverbs 31 ministry, fly here from her warm home in Nashville, Tennessee. She talked about the secret to finding contentment and gave part of her testimony which entailed becoming a widow at the age of 21 while being a new mom.

Along with the speaker there was beautiful music, a skit that every woman could relate to, prayer and lots of door prizes. I had so much fun seeing my JOY friends and meeting some new ones too. I was also blessed that some of my family could come again this year.

It was truly a wonderful event and I definitely "Experienced the Joy!"
The Ramkota Ballroom filled with 700 women during the JOY Breakfast
JOY International founder, Fran Dwelle graciously welcomes everyone
Sisters having fun together
Door prizes galore!
Ladies claiming their prizes
The "coke" skit that reminded us to be content with the gift that Jesus gives each one of us
The girls sang a beautiful rendition of Laura Story's song "Blessings"
Having a great time!
My sister-in-law, sister and me
Glad these young ladies could make it!
Speaker Micca Campbell signing copies of her book
Me with Micca Campbell and Fran Dwelle

No comments: